Egg, Cheese and Bacon Biscuits have really become a breakfast favorite for us, especially for a quick and easy weekday meal or something unique and different to impress out of town guests. I typically make these on a Sunday and they last most of the week. What I love about this recipe is the endless options when creating your own favorite biscuit.
The original recipe made 24 mini biscuits, however I decided to tweak the recipe slightly and make them in a muffin tin making 12 larger servings. Much easier in my opinion.
What’s in the Biscuits?
The ingredients are pretty straightforward, the first layer is hash browns followed by cooked bacon and onions. Top with shredded cheese and finally add the egg/milk mixture.
Recommendations for substitutions:
- Substitute hash browns for sweet potatoes
- Substitute bacon for cooked sausage, ham, turkey sausage or chicken sausage
- Substitute shredded cheddar cheese for smoked gouda, cream cheese, cotija cheese or boursin
- Substitute eggs for egg whites
- Consider adding chopped red, orange or yellow bell peppers with onions
Ready in 45 seconds
During the week I grab 1-2 cooked muffins and reheat them in the microwave between 45 -60 seconds. You could also reheat in a toaster oven for roughly 5 min at 350°.
Another option is assembling them the night before (store in the fridge covered with plastic wrap). The next morning make the milk and eggs mixture, finish the preparation and then place in the oven.
- 9 large Eggs
- 6 tbsp milk
- 1 cup Frozen hash browns
- 1 cup chopped bacon
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chopped Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Brown bacon on stovetop, when completed chop into small pieces and then set aside.
- Use the grease in pan to sauté the chopped onions when finished cooking add the chopped bacon.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper
- Fill muffin tins evenly with hash browns.
- Spoon the meat and onion mixture over the hash browns.
- Add a laver of cheese over the meat and onions.
- Carefully pour the egg/milk mixture into each muffin tin. Leave space for the muffins to rise.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley (optional).