Any time the slow cooker is involved in making a meal I get excited! This fiesta shredded chicken dish is a hit with everyone every time I make it. I received the recipe from a friend, we were talking one day about a meal that is easy and can feed a large crowd. She grabbed a note pad and included the 7 ingredients and said it’s easy, a crowd pleaser and you will have plenty of leftovers because it makes a lot. She was right.
After making this John went back for thirds, yes, it’s really that tasty, so that has to be a good sign. He even dropped a hint; this would be a great meal to make when my parents are in town 😉
Fiesta Shredded Chicken Recipe
- 3-4 chicken breasts (or chicken thighs)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 package dry fiesta ranch mix
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 can black beans, drained
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker, spread the fiesta ranch mix on top.
- Add all remaining ingredients, set slow cooker on low on cook for 6-8 hours
- Halfway through stir the chicken
- After it is done cooking pull the chicken out and shred, place shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and mix well
- Let chicken marinate in sauce for 5-10 minutes
- Serve over cooked rice or inside a tortilla or eat it as is
What’s great about this dish is leftovers taste just as good. A great side dish that is also easy to make is roasted bell peppers. Here is how you make them.
Roasted Bell Peppers
- 2-3 bell peppers (red, orange or yellow)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Cut bell peppers into 1-inch squares
- Place in a bowl and drizzle olive oil along with seasoning salt and mix well
- Place bell peppers on a baking sheet covered in foil and bake at 400° for 30-40 minutes