Thank you Amy for introducing me to Sausage Cream Cheese Biscuits which has become one of my most popular recipes. Over the years I have made these for friends, co-workers and even guests in our home and without question they are such a huge hit that I am always asked for the recipe. They are easy to make and we have even found shortcuts on how to make them faster.
What’s great is you can make them ahead of time, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge the day prior to baking. When you are ready to bake all you need to do is remove the plastic and throw them in the oven.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do. I promise you will make instant friends when you share them.
Sausage Cream Cheese Biscuits Recipe
- 1 lb sausage (hot or mild)
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can Grands Jr flaky biscuits
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 small can chopped green chili (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray mini muffin pans with cooking spray, set aside.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Drain fat and set aside to cool completely.
- Mix together cooked sausage, cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese and any additional optional items.
- Remove biscuits from cans and split each biscuit into to three.
- Place each biscuit round into a mini muffin tin. Scoop sausage mixture into biscuit cups.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until biscuits are golden brown.
Tips for the best Biscuits
- It can be difficult to tear one biscuit evenly into 3 layers, so we cut a biscuit into thirds, flatten and make into 3 small circles.
- Instead of mixing by hand, I use my kitchen aid mixer. It mixes the batter faster and better.
- Use a cookie scoop to easily fill the muffins, be sure to press the batter down into each biscuit. You want to be sure to use up all the batter. It’s ok if you have little mounds on each biscuit.